Natural Language Processing (NLP) group - a group of specialists, researchers and software engineers who have a passion for solving complex NLP problems. The main task? To extract relevant, meaningful, tradable information (pricings, earnings, major events) from news articles in real-time. Since customers rely on this information to make swift financial decisions, they need to guarantee precision, accuracy and latency beyond most academic and industry demands.
You're a research scientist who wants to work in the area of statistical language processing with a focus on information extraction, entity recognition and disambiguation. You want to be part of a small team making a big impact.
About the Role:
The company is building new NLP models for name entity recognition, disambiguation and syntactic parsing of social media and other difficult news sources. The infrastructure and algorithms we develop are used across the company by data scientists. For example, the ML team leverages the work to extract sentiment analysis from social media.
- Work with NLP researchers on the Engineering News team on live systems
- Publish research findings in leading academic venues and represent the company at industry conferences
- Write, test and maintain production-quality C++ code
- Design, experiment and evaluate models in the fields of data science, AI, machine learning, NLP and information retrieval
- A PhD in Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience programming in C++.
- Experience using version control tools such as Git or SVN
- Programming experience in Python and Java
- A mathematical background (Probability and Statistics)
- Multiple publications in top-tier conferences or journals in NLP or ML
Our client is happy to transfer H1B visa's and able relocate for the right candidate. Please ONLY apply if you meet the above criteria. Contact Jessica directly if you have additional questions about this role.
This position pays from $200,000- $300,000 depending upon experience.