A Physical Security Engineer is being sought by a Bluetooth Hardware Startup based in San Francisco.
You will be part of the the Deployments team working on a variety of Security Engineering projects in a fast-paced startup environment.
The Company provides a modern approach to securing access while providing a seamless experience for end users and access administrators.
The Role and Responsibilities
- Work with our clients and Deployment Team to perform appropriate provisioning and configurations for all hardware being installed on client sites.
- Perform root cause analysis on all hardware that is returned due to failure and work with relevant stakeholders to provide feedback and ensure quality of product.
- Perform full failure testing on all newly developed hardware prior to taking the product to market..
- Triage bugs submitted from users and other teammates, verifying issues and gathering additional details.
- Be a team player in a small, flat, highly collaborative environment, working closely with both product and engineering teams.
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years in access control systems, hardware, and/or related low voltage installations.
- Experience building and functioning in a physical security laboratory and/or sandbox environment.
- Expert in troubleshooting defective or failed physical security hardware.
- Experience in provisioning and programming physical security systems and newly automated systems.
- Experience with testing products that integrate wireless communication technology such as BLE & WiFI.
- Knowledge of the specifics of iOS and Android.
- Knowledge of development cycle for mobile/web applications