Our client is the largest wholesale market placed for cannabis dispensaries and brands in the US with over 4,000 dispensaries currently using the platform. Annually more than $1bn dollars in wholesale cannabis orders are processed through their platform. From being backed by some of the leading VCs to winning Best Places to Work awards, they are in a strong place to ultimately define cannabis supply chain through technology.
Having raised close to $50m so far, our client is undergoing an exciting growth phase and are searching for talented indivduals to join the NYC office. One of the positions we're seaching for is a platform architect.
Our client is seeking an experienced Platform Architect to join our New York City team who is passionate about designing, implementing, and evolving distributed system architecture patterns as well as working with multiple cross-functional, product-driven teams. Seen as a go-to resource within the team, you’ll be advising and working in areas such as high-level system design considerations, research and prototypical work, and a decision-maker and core implementor when it comes to architecture patterns and technology choices. You’ll have the opportunity to build and scale our core platforms and services, mentor and grow others within your areas of focus, and advocate for core engineering best practice adoption throughout our department.
They are currently gearing up to tackle a large-scale platform overhaul that will strengthen our position as a technical leader within the industry. As such, this role has the opportunity to help shape and grow this new platform and the engineers who work on it, as well as to work within new and growing technologies and concepts such as Python, Node.js, Kubernetes, AWS managed services, aggregate document stores, containerized and serverless design patterns, and service-oriented architectures. It’s a very exciting time to join their engineering team!
- Conceptualize, design, review, demo and implement core infrastructure and building block architecture components and patterns that will allow our client to power the regulated cannabis industry’s commerce needs
- Analyze and evaluate existing solutions within the company and help drive decisions on whether to extend or refactor as needed
- Develop short and long term strategic goals to continue to push their technology offerings forward
- Partner with Product, UX, Engineering, DevOps, Data and Delivery leadership to deliver business value through technology inside a Lean/Agile culture and delivery framework
- Understand and utilize knowledge around the challenges faced by their engineering team in order to make informed technology decisions and architectural approaches when implementing new functionality
- Take a hands-on approach to prototyping concepts and rolling out new infrastructure and concepts
- Interview and contribute to the growth of the engineering team, focusing on finding and then retaining candidates that will continue to elevate and diversify our ever-expanding set of in-house engineering talent
- Oversee and contribute meaningfully to various projects and initiatives within the department, helping to mentor and grow the technical competencies of the team through architectural reviews and pair programming efforts
- Established track record of technical leadership and architecture experience in professional environments that have complex business requirements, compliance, or scaling challenges; experience working in e-commerce is highly desirable
- Strong understanding of modern cloud-based architecture design patterns, operations, and cost models and the ability to be hands-on when implementing best practices or suggesting improvements
- Ability to advocate for competitive and innovative technical decisions, gather consensus and buy-in, and deliver commitments
- Experience working in service-oriented, API-driven application tech stacks and working knowledge of the challenges and gotchas that can bring to the SDLC
- Experience architecting, building, and iterating on highly-performant APIs and supplemental applications in event-driven distributed systems
- Experience working within environments that rely heavily on automation, CI, and CD concepts to rapidly deliver, measure, and iterate on products and features
- Experience within containerized, serverless, and event-driven infrastructure, Kubernetes, document databases, and AWS