Intelletec is seeking a Platform Engineer to join their client's growing team in NYC. We have partnered with an industry-leading financial services firm that was established over 100 years ago, with more than 5000 employees across the globe, and almost $2 billion in revenue, they are one of New York's big success stories, one of the top 3 credit rating agencies in the world, that are making a conscious push to be #1.
The Platform Engineer will be part of a team supporting all business and support functions for a wide range of cloud-based big data solutions. This is a formative opportunity to influence and innovate as part of the new CDO function. In this role, the platform engineer will partner with the platform architect and various IT engineers and architects to design and engineer a new cutting edge cloud data platform.
- Partner with AWS and IT teams to design and deploy a cloud big data platform that is fit for purpose and in line with business goals and objectives
- Develop and support features for platforms such as AWS S3 and Redshift
- Contribute towards the definition and SDLC adoption of strategic enterprise platform architecture standards including partnering with Data Architecture on naming and modelling standards supporting data at rest (logical and physical models) and data in motion (messaging, API’s)
- Provide design and technical support for application teams that are re-architecting legacy/batch data solutions into more modern, event-based technical solutions for on-prem and the public cloud (AWS)
- 5+ years experience as a cloud database engineer with a proven track record of delivery
- Expertise with AWS infrastructure such as S3, Redshift, Glue, and Athena required
- Working experience with python or ansible for the purposes of developing a software defined infrastructure
- Experience engineering and supporting enterprise-level big data platforms is required
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science or similar technical discipline