Who We Are
Our client was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care. They’re starting by radically improving the $90 billion petfood industry.
To date, this company has delivered over 200million meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help them build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join a startup that continues to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
They are looking for a Sr Platform Engineer to join their growing Engineering team! They are seeking someone to build and maintain their software infrastructure, tools, and services that engineers and other technical users collectively leverage in a self-service fashion as ‘the platform’. This individual will bridge the gap between IT Operations and Software Engineering. This person will need to be able to draw on shared experience with Software Engineers to understand their needs, and also mentor operational practices, and share expertise, when needed.
Our client views Platform Engineering as successful when Software Engineers are able to deliver their software to end-users quickly, safely, and feel a high degree of ownership throughout the process.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Migrate monolithic system to microservices architecture.
- Evangelizes, researches, builds proofs of concept and -when appropriate- introduces new technologies to the team, delivers independently with limited mentorship. Diagnoses root causes in systems and issues.
- Owns the production operation and monitoring of the system and is aware of its SLAs.
- Proactively shares with others to accelerate their career-growth and encourages them to participate, while welcoming feedback in the process.
They’ll Be Passionate About You Because
- You should have at least 7+ years of professional experience working in a software related field
- 3+ years of recent experience working as a Platform Engineer, DevOps Engineer, or SRE
- Must have hands-on experience using AWS or CNCF
- Familiar with Terraform, Docker, Ansible, and Kubernetes