Our client is on a mission to reduce food waste and increase access to nutritious food globally by transforming the fresh food supply chain. Their AI-powered solutions optimize the multi-trillion-dollar grocery industry's food ordering, production, and merchandising processes.
As the Platform Engineering manager, you are responsible for leading the team (as a hands-on technical leader) that ensures the scale of the platform! The infrastructure and systems that support their data and machine learning efforts are critical, as are the people working on them. You'll be coaching, mentoring, and hiring an incredible team to ensure that as they grow their impact and scale, their software grows with them.
What you will do?
- Manage and develop their software platform and team to ensure the scale and stability of critical systems
- Participate in key technical and design decisions as they push the capabilities and boundaries of our system
- Mentor and develop their engineers technically and professionally
- Scale up their impact by recruiting, interviewing, and hiring high-caliber software engineers
- Contribute to company strategy and technical vision to increase our impact within our current deployments and broaden our impact in future applications
What skills or experience do you need?
- 7+ years of combined professional software engineering experience as an engineering manager or tech lead
- Recent experience designing, building, deploying, and managing large production compute or data backend platforms at scale. Experience using modern big data frameworks, scaling computation to hundreds of machines, and/or working with machine learning systems preferred
- Demonstrated management ability, including strong communication, coaching, and prioritization skills