Working as a Sales Systems Engineer, you are an important member of the technical sales team, identifying complex security challenges in your customers’ networks and driving solutions with our market-leading security products and services.
You are the technical sales representative of the company and must ensure full customer satisfaction with all that you do. You and your sales team own the customer relationship and your goal is to help them detect and prevent advanced cyber attacks and breaches while safely enabling applications by deploying the full platform so that they can confidently pursue initiatives.
- Understand and effectively present our security platform and solutions.
- Educate customers and partners on the modern network security landscape.
- Identify and qualify new opportunities and support technical pre-sales activities to opportunity closure.
- Effectively enable and leverage channel partners and work successfully in a channel-driven sales model.
- Create evaluation test plans with customers and manage the evaluation process to a successful conclusion.
- Understand and effectively differentiate from competitive technologies and solutions.
- Understand and be prepared to assist customers through the support escalation process.
- Continuous self-improvement and learning to maintain current technical knowledge.
- Participate in technical communities of interest.
- 5+ years’ experience in Security (Malware detection, Intrusion Detection, Content Security and Endpoint)
- 5+ years pre-sales experience and/or professional services experience required
- Must be able to provide software/network troubleshooting on complex technical issues
- Windows and Linux experience required
- Strong IP networking solution knowledge and skill set (e.g. Cisco CCNA, CCNP or equivalent)
- Strong knowledge of virtualization technologies (VMware, vSphere)
- Understand Malware and the techniques and methods to counter/prevent attacks
- Strong knowledge of cloud platforms such as Azure and AWS.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise security technologies such as endpoint and server
- Firewall and IPS experience
- Working knowledge of Network Security (e-mail and web security)