As a Principal Engineer, you will own the development of our data infrastructure. We are looking for a motivated engineer who will meaningfully contribute to the core technology that powers our company. You will focus on improving the efficiency and reliability of our data processing pipeline, add new partner integrations, build out new services, and develop infrastructure to support our data pipelines.
What you'll be doing:
- Own end to end development: design, implement, deploy, and support.
- Collaborate with product management and other engineers on technical vision, design, and planning.
- Lead on the architecture and design of our data processing platform.
- Write great automated tests and lead on operational excellence.
- Contribute to and advocate for good engineering practices.
We're looking for someone with:
- 7+ years of experience architecting and building complex data systems.
- Experience with a mix of modern programming languages. Ideally, experience with both interpreted languages (Python, Ruby, etc) and compiled languages (JVM-languages, C-ish, etc).
- Broad experience with data processing technologies like Spark and Hadoop, etc. and knowledge of when, where, and why (or why not) to apply them.
- Strong database schema design and query optimization.
- You enjoy agile software development processes.
- Cloud-computing services like AWS, Google App Engine, etc.
Your first 90 Days…
- Understanding our architecture
- You will be actively contributing code to our production database
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Guideline 401k
- Education stipend
- Unlimited PTO
- Pet Friendly Office
We are a fast growing team founded by veteran entrepreneurs and backed by a number of the largest and most respected VC’s in the world. Headquartered in downtown San Francisco, we're hiring top talent across all business units!
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States.