A hospitality start-up who design & manage premium short-term rentals are looking for a Principal Data Engineer in San Francisco. Powering everything they do is a proprietary software & data platform designed to inform every aspect of operations - from location selection to inventory design, revenue management to personalized guest experiences.
As the Principal Engineer, you will own the development of their data infrastructure. And focus on improving the efficiency and reliability of thedata processing pipeline, add new partner integrations, build out new services, and develop infrastructure to support data pipelines.
What you'll be doing:
- Own end to end development: design, implement, deploy, and support.
- Collaborate with product management and other engineers on technical vision, design, and planning.
- Lead on the architecture and design of the data processing platform.
- 7+ years of experience architecting and building complex data systems.
- Experience with a mix of modern programming languages. Ideally, experience with both interpreted languages (e.g. Python) and compiled languages (JVM-languages, C-ish, etc).
- Broad experience with data processing technologies like Spark and Hadoop
- Strong database schema design and query optimization skills
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Education stipend