A hospitality start up who design & manage premium short-term rentals are looking for a Principal Data Engineer
As a Principal Data Engineer, you will own the development of the data infrastructure. They are looking for a motivated engineer who will meaningfully contribute to the core technology that powers the company. You will focus on improving the efficiency and reliability of their data processing pipeline, add new partner integrations, build out new services, and develop infrastructure to support the data pipelines.
What you'll be doing:
- Own end to end development: design, implement, deploy, and support.
- Collaborate with product management and other engineers on technical vision, design, and planning.
- Lead on the architecture and design of their data processing platform.
- Write great automated tests and lead on operational excellence.
- Contribute to and advocate for good engineering practices.
We're looking for someone with:
- 7+ years of experience architecting and building complex data systems.
- Experience with a mix of modern programming languages. Ideally, experience with both interpreted languages (Python, Ruby, etc) and compiled languages (JVM-languages, C-ish, etc).
- Broad experience with data processing technologies like Spark and Hadoop, etc. and knowledge of when, where, and why (or why not) to apply them.
- Strong database schema design and query optimization.
- You enjoy agile software development processes.
- Cloud-computing services like AWS, Google App Engine, etc.
Your first 90 Days…
- Understanding our architecture
- You will be actively contributing code to the production database
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Guideline 401k
- Education stipend
- Unlimited PTO
- Pet Friendly Office