A Series C, New York City Based Fintech platform and online marketplace are looking for a Principal Data Engineer.
Their data capabilities and culture are still in early stages, so this is an awesome opportunity to build a data platform from the ground up.
You'll be a crucial member of the team as they define roadmap to normalize all of their transactional data, disparate systems, and transfer of data in way that creates a flexible and scalable data solution.
THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with the product and engineering teams to develop scalable, extensible systems
- Be the driving force behind the roadmap to normalize all of our transactional data, disparate systems, and transfer of data in way that creates a flexible and scalable data solution
- Develop data governance policies & appropriate structures to ensure adherence to those policies
- Ensure that solutions work well within our current code environment, that technical data initiatives are aligned effectively with development staff, and work to understand how other tiers in the technology stack influence data quality including APIs, ORMs (Object Relational Mapping) and User Interface
- Responsible for managing the full life-cycle of the data warehouse solution; including the architecture, design, development, implementation, and support of the data warehouse
- Participate in creating the data design of all transactional data stores across business units and technology stacks
- Work with end users to translate business questions and requirements into applications that employ the appropriate reporting tools
- Assist in monitoring and troubleshooting system performance, reliability, availability, and recoverability of all data stores
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED)
- 5+ years overall experience working in development and enterprise data architecture
- Experience and background in building data platforms for financial services
- Minimum 5+ years of experience with enterprise data architecture/design
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in software development with deep experience in Object-Oriented, Functional, Object-Functional Language and one of the major SQL relational datastores (we are a SQL Server and MySQL shop)
- Deep expertise in relational and dimensional data modeling and database design skills.
- Experience in leadership roles a plus
- Hands-on experience with data management and movement platforms like Hadoop, Kafka and Airflow
- Ability to investigate complex business problems, develop effective recommendations, negotiate and/or present solutions, and resolve problems in a highly professional and tactful manner.