Leading Private Equity firm focused on Pharmaceuticals is looking for a Principal, Data Scientist / Knowledge Management. This is a great opportunity to be part of a new team and add to its growth.
We are looking for a machine learning and natural language processing expert who is excited by challenges in automated knowledge base construction with the ability to build an Enterprise Knowledge Graph to support strategic investments.
Hybrid model in NYC or Boston
- Assist in building a team designing innovative strategies to create a better experience across various stakeholders and use cases
- Build a knowledge base graph memorializing all the information collected before, during, and after a diligence process
- Serve as Knowledge Graph Engineering architect and provide the vision and development of a scalable, distributed, monitored, and query-able Knowledge Graph capability
- Conceive innovative new solutions at the intersection of multiple fields: Machine Learning, Big Data, Knowledge Graphs, and Analytics
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in computer science, machine learning, data science or related fields, with knowledge and experience on knowledge representation
- Experience leading or mentoring a small team and building Knowledge Graphs from scratch
- 5+ years of experience using Python, NLP/machine learning
- Strong Skills in Relational Databases including database design, modeling, SQL and stored procedures
- Experience with Big Data processing and technologies like Snowflake, Databricks, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka
- Experience and expertise working with data wrangling and visualization tools like Dataiku, Tableau, Power BI
- Strong problem-solving skills, business acumen, and demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Desired SkillsExperience working with knowledge graph stores (Stardog, TigerGraph, Ontotext GraphDB, Neo4j) and surrounding semantic technology (OWL, RDF, SWRL, SPARQL, JSON-LD)
- Entrepreneurial or intrapreneurial experience where you helped lead the creation of a new product & organization