Principal Data Scientist
Intelletec has teamed up with one of the US's Leading Healthcare firms going through a massive transformation and are looking for a Principal Data Scientist to join the leadership for their NYC or Massachusetts office.
Provides strategic leadership for the development, validation and delivery of algorithms and statistical models. Acts as the analytic team lead for highly complex projects involving multiple resources and tasks, providing individual mentoring in support of company objectives.
Leads development and execution of new and/or highly complex algorithms and statistical predictive models and determines analytical approaches and modeling techniques to evaluate scenarios and potential future outcomes.
Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information/solutions related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology/ business solutions.
You will have a broad impact and true ownership
- Work with C-level stakeholders and articulate machine learning concepts in non-technical terms
- Lead team of 2-3 Data Scientists on the development and delivery of predictive analytics solutions to drive behavior change or customer experience across channels
- Consults with business partners to understand problems and goals, understand business value, and translate into business opportunities to be captured through predictive analytics solutions
- Develops and/or uses advanced algorithms and statistical predictive models and determines analytical approaches and modeling techniques to evaluate scenarios and potential future outcomes
- Think creatively to identify opportunities for digital innovation
- Acts as an analytics product owner translating business needs into analytics projects and actions.
- Evaluate externally developed technology solutions
- Communicate new ideas and methods to broader team
- Increase efficiency through both tactical and strategic technology implementations
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You are a go-getter and self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- 10 or more years of progressively complex related experience.
- Demonstrates advanced in-depth specialization in mathematical analysis methods, machine learning, statistical analyses, and predictive modeling.
- Comprehensive knowledge on health care industry, products, systems, business strategies and products.
- Expertise in advanced analytics tools and languages to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources.
- Superior skills to effectively communicate and negotiate across the business and in the external health care environment.
- Superior ability to communicate technical ideas and results to non-technical clients in written and verbal form.
- Strong organizational, management and leadership skills
- Advanced in-depth specialization in mathematical analysis methods, machine learning, statistical analyses, and predictive modeling
- Expertise in using R or Python to manipulate large data sets and develop statistical models
- Very competitive pay, bonus, full medical, dental & vision benefits and more
- A tight-knit team of passionate people and a tech-first business
- Autonomy and end-to-end ownership
- Opportunity for fast growth & promotion
- Opportunity to work in one of our other offices