Principal Data Scientist
New York, New York
The Clinical Products data science team helps supercharge clinical programs to improve member health and lower costs. Given the size, scope, and deep-set of capacities, we have an unparalleled platform to make a difference in healthcare in the US and beyond. The Clinical Products team has three main goals. First, launching a series of clinical programs that use the resources of the combined organization and our team delivers the advanced analytics to support those initiatives. Second, the team develops data-driven clinical recommendations that are delivered to members, their providers, and their caregivers. Finally, we build condition-specific models that help other parts of the company (e.g. pricing) better predict member care journeys.
About the position. A Principal Data Scientist will join the Clinical Products team and will be responsible for leading and providing technical vision for one or (more likely) more projects. A Principal Data Scientist will build lead a team that develops predictive models, works with clinical experts (e.g. doctors) to translate their subject matter expertise into machine learning models, sources data, and presents to technical and non-technical stakeholders. A Principal Data Scientist will also lead and mentor team members. Finally, Principal Data Scientist will need to help set the team s coherent, actionable, and inspiring technical vision…and she will need to inspire the team to execute on that vision.
Fundamental Components include but are not limited to:
- Lead team of 2-3 Data Scientists to develop and deliver models that inform clinical programs.
- Consults with business partners and clinical leaders to understand problems and goals, understand the business value, and translate into business opportunities to be captured through predictive analytics solutions.
- Develops and/or uses advanced algorithms and statistical predictive models and determines analytical approaches and modeling techniques to evaluate scenarios and potential future outcomes
- Demonstrates superior communication skills, and ability to develop and participate in presentations and consultations to business stakeholders on analytics results and solutions
- Supports deployment of insights across multiple channels, i.e., web, mobile app, email, social, call center, Apple watch
- Motivates team members and probes into technical detail
- Contributes Subject Matter Expertise (SME) through interactions with team members, peers and managers to exchange complex information related to areas of specialization
- Mentors others, and champions 360-feedback across the team
Qualifications Requirements and Preferences:
- 7-10 or more years of progressively complex related experience.
- Demonstrates proficiency in all areas of mathematical analysis methods, machine learning, statistical analyses, and predictive modeling and advanced in-depth specialization in some areas.
- Solid understanding of the health care industry, products, and systems.
- Deep knowledge of advanced analytics tools and languages to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources.
- Strong skills to effectively communicate and negotiate across the business and in the external health care environment
- Demonstrates strong ability to communicate technical concepts and implications to business partners.
- Strong organizational, management and leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of health care industry, products, systems, business strategies, and products
- Clinically oriented background or professional experience is a plus.