A fast-growing New York-based security company are rapidly expanding after recent funding. The client are helping to build enterprises across the globe manage the cyber security posture of their vendors. They are currently building a SaaS product and have created a new category of enterprise software. Their investors include both Sequoia and Google Ventures.
The role will report to the Director of Data Science and is an integral part the organisation, responsible for solving difficult data problems while embracing cyber security challenges with open arms. Your role will develop predictive models and classifiers that will be implemented as commercial solutions. You'll be gathering and processing dirty data at scale, including writing scripts, calling APIs, and writing SQL queries. In addition to creating a variety of predictive models from our datasets that can support security research, you'll visualise a variety of threat signal data to uncover how security vulnerabilities and malware spread across networks.
- Security experience in a commercial environment ( this would be ideal)
- Experience and love for problems with large data sets, machine learning, visualisation, and cyber security
- Commercial experience developing predictive models or classifiers
- Experience with ETL techniques
- Clear, concise, and effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to collaborate with engineers across different teams to understand and solve problems
- Understanding of Agile development practices
To find out more please get in touch today