As a Principal Engineer, you will own the development of our platform infrastructure. Our client are looking for a motivated engineer who will meaningfully contribute to the core technology that powers our company. You will focus on improving the efficiency and reliability of our infrastructure as we scale our data processing pipeline, add new partner integrations, build out new services, and develop infrastructure to support our digital guest experience.
What You'll Be Doing
- Own end to end development: design, implement, deploy, and support.
- Collaborate with product management and other engineers on technical vision, design, and planning.
- Lead on the architecture and design of our technology stack.
- Write great automated tests and lead on operational excellence.
- Contribute to and advocate for good engineering practices.
We're Looking For Someone With
- 7+ years of experience architecting and building complex software systems.
- Experience with a mix of modern programming languages. Ideally, experience with both interpreted languages (Python, Ruby, etc) and compiled languages (JVM-languages, C-ish, etc).
- Deep experience with the design and use of complex, distributed systems using mechanisms like web service APIs, queuing systems, etc.
- Strong database schema design and query optimization.
- You enjoy agile software development processes.
- Cloud-computing services like AWS, Google App Engine, etc.
Your first 90 Days…
- Understanding our architecture
- You will be actively contributing code to our production database
Perks And Benefits
- Competitive salary and equity
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Guideline 401k
- Education stipend
- Unlimited PTO
- Pet-Friendly Office