Our client are a post-seed health analytics startup, who are looking for an experienced engineer to help build the infrastructure necessary to power data-driven insights for physicians to help them provide more effective and efficient care.
Currently, they are a team of 10 working in San Francisco and some remote, due to their growth they are seeking a Principal Senior Engineer.
- You will take ownership of several functional areas, driving them forward both with their prolific contributions and leadership of others.
- You will have an architectural mindset, can evaluate system-wide platform decisions, and help set long-term company-wide technical strategy.
- You will be comfortable working in multiple languages at any given time, interested in doing deep research to choose the best tool for the job, and comfortable stepping into new challenges
- Full-stack web - experience building data-driven single-page-applications (Python/React)
- Data management - experience moving large quantities of data through a multi-stage pipeline
- Dev Ops - Familiarity with basic software infrastructure, including AWS and container management (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes)
- Security - Understand the principles of securing and managing sensitive data; background with HIPAA or other protected data a plus
- Communication - Able to effectively communicate technology strategy to the executive team and across roles within the company.
- Ownership - Proven track record of reliably delivering high-quality results without supervision, both individually and as a team
- Leadership - Demonstrated leadership of both products and teams, including strategy and mentorship