Intelletec is partnering with a Series A Brooklyn based start-up to find a Product Designer to join their team! They are building a new type of platform that allows both engineers and non-engineers to easily work with data, assemble individual custom workflows, and flexibly automate core business processes.
As an early designer, you'll get to apply a unique blend of design and engineering knowledge to re-imagine how building software should, and could, feel. They're largely founded on the belief that not enough design thinking has gone into the tools we use to build software, with developers still doing a huge part of their computing using terminals (command-lines) and editors that work with flat-text files. Most people are intimidated by what it looks like to build software today.
About the role.
- Design & ship core features. Spec, implement, and maintain core features and infrastructure.
- Collaborate & learn. You'll partner with the rest of the team, communicate openly, give and receive thoughtful feedback, and have a chance to learn from people who excel in their areas of expertise.
- Take ownership.
- Interview Users, Analyze Feedback & Help Prioritize the Roadmap.
- Prototype & design novel interfaces. You'll be challenged to rethink how we can make certain aspects of building software more intuitive to users, which will require you to also have a deep understanding of what building software looks like today.
- Design and codepolished features & interactions.
- A customer-focused approach to design. Constantly empathizing with customers and checking back in to make sure we're delivering intuitive value.
- Excellent visual and written communication & strong consideration of abstractions.
- Clear design process.
- Systems thinking.
- Ability to deliver pixel-perfect designs. Both at the design and front-end code implementation level, you care about coming back to something again and again until "it feels right"