Intelletec is partnering with a travel startup to find their 2nd Product Designer to join the team! They are bringing the joy back into travel planning, starting with modern tools to help the 100k+ travel agents in the U.S. grow their business and manage their network of clients and suppliers.
From day one, you’ll plug into and build on that early foundation — from the design system, to product discovery using Jobs To Be Done, our product principles, and early strides on UI component-driven development. You’ll also have design-minded collaborators across the team who share a deep empathy for our users (and a love of travel!)
As the second product designer, you’ll...
- be key in shaping the product and design culture
- collaborate with the team on problem discovery and definition
- uncover and distill user needs / insights through customer interviews and product analytics tools
- design and prototype multiple ideas quickly, connecting regularly with users to validate them
- deliver joyful user experiences that are high quality, easy to use, and ship quickly
- evaluate shipped work to ensure they solve our user’s needs and meet our goals
- work on other design-related projects as they come up — e.g. brand identity, swag, pitch decks, marketing collateral, etc.
You’d be an ideal fit if you:
- have at least 2 years of proven product design experience at a tech company
- relentlessly iterate and simplify to find the right tradeoff that ships sooner to users
- are curious and passionate about product design, honing your craft often
- advocate for solving user needs over building a specific design solution
- find creative ways to quickly gather user insights
- choose the right tool for the job — whether it’s wireframes, clickable prototypes, high-fidelity designs, or written docs
You should be comfortable with:
- working remotely, attending daily video standups, and having 4 hours workday overlap with 9a–5p PT
- working directly with customers, including 1-2 hrs of weekend support 3 times per year
- traveling to attend 1-week (typically 5 nights, Sunday - Friday) team meetups three times per year (when it's safe to do so)