$140-160,000 + equity package
Our Client, is fundamentally transforming the way that trade and professional associations engage their members and monetize B2B marketing in their industries—a massive untapped opportunity. The Company is backed by 8VC and other top investors and is growing quickly. They are excited to be building out an inclusive team to scale their efforts to serve a growing set of associations that includes the American Association of Physics Teachers, the Arizona Physical Therapy Association, and the Texas Health Care Association.
About The Team
The Company was founded by two technical co-founders: Their CEO was a programmer at Blackstone, and their CTO was a software engineer at Facebook.
Their team moves at a fast pace, and designers, engineers, and product managers work very closely together to deliver a user experience that not only delights our customers but moves the business forward too.
- You'll be the second Product Designer to join their small but mighty team.
- You'll work with PM and Engineering to design and build new product features from start to finish.
- You'll have a big impact designing large features fundamental to the company's growth.
- You will also improve upon existing features, ensuring they better meet the needs of our users and are more usable and more consistent with newer parts of the product.
- You will contribute to the visual language of their design and help create consistency in the UI/UX of the product.
- You will have a direct hand in developing the DNA of our company's and Design team culture. We care deeply about creating a fun, collaborative, and inclusive environment.
What they're looking for:
- End-to-end design: You will lead end-to-end design projects across their product, serving their end-users as well as their admin users. That includes collaborating on problem definition, leading user research projects, wire-framing, and creating more detailed product specs in close partnership with Product & Engineering.
- Collaboration: Work closely with Design, Engineering, Product, and other business partners to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
- Design thinking & vision: Provide design thinking and leadership to develop the right product strategy. You’ll collaborate to tackle problems and come up with solutions that delight their users.
- Autonomous: You take full ownership of your work and take responsibility for every detail.
- User-centered approach: You tirelessly advocate for the user and user-centered design. You leverage user research and data when possible to inform your decisions.
- Deliver high-quality assets: You can rapidly produce concepts and prototypes, and you know how to build and combine flows, sketches, wireframes, and high-fidelity specs.
- Pragmatic and business-oriented: You understand and prioritize the business impact of what you're designing and help reduce scope where appropriate.
- Easy to disagree with: Smart people disagree all the time. When you disagree with your teammate, you view it as an opportunity to have your mind changed and grow. These conversations are one of the best parts about working on their team.
- 2+ years of design experience
- BA/BS degree in Design, Interaction Design, or a related/equivalent practical experience
- A track record of shipping great work
- Experience designing for multiple platforms (iOS, Android, desktop, mobile web, etc.)
- Up-to-date with current design trends
- A portfolio of launched and/or proposed design solutions to business problems that have influenced the direction and outcome of shipped products
- Proficient with Figma and/or Sketch
- Experience conducting user research to validate your work
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Have a particular interest in Visual Design and/or creating beautiful visual assets
- You are passionate about something outside of work. They have musicians, dancers, chefs, skiers, gamers, and fermentation enthusiasts on their team!