Our Client is a credit card company. They help brands launch custom cobrand credit card products. They handle the program creation, card underwriting, lending, issuance, and top-notch customer service, while brands focus on delivering rewards truly valuable to their superfan cardholders.
They are a recently raised a Series A, and things are getting serious.
In the 18 months since their founding, they have assembled all of the partnerships needed to launch, hired engineering, compliance, and operational teams, secured strong funding, and have built the foundations for an iconic brand.
They’re confident about what they’ve built so far, but they know it can be better. Which brings us to your role...
What they’re looking for:
- They’re looking for their first Design hire to join their 12-person team. You should have a strong sense of design and aesthetic, and a firm grasp of fundamental design disciplines, like writing, research and interaction design (UI + UX). You should be experienced in shipping live products to consumers, with a portfolio to prove it!
- You should have a strong grasp of human-centered design methods and the ability to use these methods drive user-focused decision making across teams.
- Beyond the traditional craft of a designer, you should be comfortable questioning assumptions and thinking strategically as our product scales from 1 to 100,000 users.
- You should have an appreciation for the role that brand plays in a user’s experience. And some experience with creative direction / art direction is appreciated.
- You should be interested in recruiting, mentoring, and team-building as they scale their design organization across brand, product, and research.
Some things to note:
- It’s hard to overstate the impact you’ll have on our product, design culture, and company trajectory. Good design can have an exponential impact—especially at a company of their stage. This should excite you just as much as it excites us.
- Our Client questions the way things are and find holes in the status quo. We provide unusually good support and resources for employees, and an unusually meaningful autonomy at every level. You should thrive in such an environment.
- they’re a technical company. You should be excited to work alongside a world-class engineering team to delight our users.