Our client are lovers of cars and the people that are in them. They are passionate about building devices and services to make the roads more secure, civil and fun for everyone.
Their 50 person team is located in Palo Alto, CA and has created products with $50B in sales, at places like Apple, Dropcam, Fitbit, and Microsoft, and we are backed by some of the world’s largest venture capital firms.
- Design new parts from initial concept to volume production
- Demonstrate creative and critical thinking skills in the face of complex design tradeoffs and rapid development cycles.
- Collaborate with EE, SW, Marketing, Customer Service to create best design.
- Help source critical mechanical and optical components.
- Integrate electrical and optical components into design.
- Create MCO's for EE and optical components
- Rapid realization, testing & iteration of designs using 3D printing and machining
- Review and assemble first article parts
- Attend builds to insure design is properly assembled.
- Strong Technical skills
- BS/MS in Mechanical engineering or Product Design
- Proficient in CAD, ideally SolidWorks
- 4+ years experience designing parts and complex systems
- Solid Engineering analysis skills: thermal calcs, plastic snap fits
- Experience with manufacturing process such as injection molding, MIM Sintering, and CNC.
- Experience designing & shipping 1st generation products at startup
- Experience working with OEM/ODM partners in Asia
- Experience developing SOP, Rel Tests, verification testing of mechanical parts and assemblies.
- Working knowledge of using FEA tools such as ANSYS or SolidWorks Simulation.
- Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing and performing statistical tolerance analysis
- Ability to travel to builds