Our partner is solving the big problems around food waste and the fresh food supply chain - they've built an A.I. powered supply chain solutions tailored for the nuances of perishable food. By doing so they make fresh food accessible, abundant, and less wasteful.
About 30-40% of food produced worldwide is thrown away, causing nearly a trillion dollars of economic losses, trillions of gallons of wasted water, and billions of tons of greenhouse gas emissions. In the US, about 40% of all food waste occurs at the retail level and downstream, largely driven by insufficient technology and manual processes.
Their technology is deployed across the country and used every day—their customers have reduced their food waste by 33-50%+ and significantly improved their profits.
They are growing fast:
- partnership with several large regional grocers representing 500+ stores and >$10B in revenue.
- Backers include Innovation Endeavors (former Google CEO Eric Schmidt’s firm) and Baseline Ventures (first money in Stitchfix, SoFi, Heroku, Instagram).
As one of the Second Product Designers, you'll be responsible for working with their Product and Engineering teams to design and bring to life world-class products that power the future of grocery. You are extremely user-oriented, love bringing simplicity and elegance to complex problems, and geek-out over applying new technologies and UX/UI frameworks to solve enormous problems. They are looking for someone who is passionate about affecting global change, gets excited about tackling new challenges, and wants to work with a team who enjoy each other’s time outside of the office as much as we do inside of it!
What will you be doing?
- Deeply understand our customers and their workflows in order to design user-facing tools for both mobile and web platforms. These range from apps used by produce managers in a grocery store to dashboards used by executives in the boardroom.
- Run an end-to-end design process from user research to high-fidelity prototypes and mockups in order to build products that create value while inspiring adoption.
- Work directly with our customers in the field to understand their needs and validate product direction.
- Collaborate with the other members of the design team and cross-functionally with Product Management and Engineering to realize our product vision.
- Help to establish and maintain a design language and toolkit that will be used by the entire team and company.
What skills or experience do you need?
- 3+ years of full-time end-to-end product design experience.
- The desire to dive into an industry with huge problems and opportunities in an effort to drive transformational change.
- Proven track record and portfolio demonstrating the ability to design successful user experiences.
- Cross-platform design experience (web + iOS + Android)
- Command of HTML/CSS, or another presentation-layer framework (nice-to-have)
- Great communication skills and inquisitive disposition.
- Strong alignment with our core values: Kindness, Candor, Proactivity and Humility.