Our partner's mission is to share and grow the world's knowledge. They want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds—from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences—so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. They have developed a Q&A platform where online communities can come together to have discussions about whatever topic that interests them!
About the Team:
They're creating a repository for all human knowledge. To do this, they need to design systems that make sharing knowledge rewarding and discovering it easy; and that scale to support the participation of the entire planet. Designing a global ecosystem for knowledge sharing, and the platform for businesses to reach this audience, requires a multidisciplinary approach. They're building a diverse team with people of different backgrounds and experiences, empowered to shape strategy while moving quickly and learning as much as possible.
About the Role:
- Build tools with and for product designers to help them move quicker and make our product better.
- Collaborate with machine learning engineers to build tools that help them build, debug, and visualize the output of various systems.
- Improve how we visualize and digest data from analysis and A/B testing, ultimately improving how we make decisions.
- Communicate your ideas through wireframes, mockups, and interactive prototypes.
- Produce documentation and educate the people who will be using the tools you create.
- Ownership of this role itself and help evolve it to be what is most impactful.
- Enjoy thinking about process, abstractions, and meta-work
- Demonstrated ability to build what you design and continuously learning new skills
- Proven ability to collaborate and empathize with, as well as challenge, designers, engineers, and data scientists
- Value pragmatism, efficiency, self learning, and autonomy
- Expertise in HTML, CSS, Python, and React
- Comfort with A/B testing, data analysis frameworks
- Exposure to machine learning and tools related to machine learning
- Experience building tools before or working in conceptually similar problem spaces
- Experience building complex tools for internal use or B2B situations