My client is a highly funded and veteran-founded business that has re-defined the future of advanced training for fighter pilots. Their Hardware/software platform provides interaction with digital content and revolutionary augmented reality technology which allows real pilots in real airplanes to fly and visually maneuver against any synthetically generated enemy in real time.
As a Product Manager, you will have a critical role in the development of next generation augmented reality systems. You will become part of a team exploring new concepts through design and fast iterative prototyping.
My client is looking for someone with a productive mindset who can apply their embedded engineering expertise to solve problems in creative, insightful ways.
This key team member will
- Drive product thinking from strategy and ideation to requirements formulation and feature definition.
- Create detailed product requirements for a complex hardware and software system
- Develop a deep understanding of the customer requirements and end-user needs, representing the voice-of-the-customer across the organization
- Support engineering through product development, managing product tradeoffs and owning key product decisions, aligning with end-user needs and business goals.
- Partner closely with Engineering, Design and Product Steering Committee to bring the product vision to life
- Create, own, and track product KPIs for system performance and user satisfaction, to ensure successful delivery.
- Analyze patterns and trends to expand the impact, utility, and potential of their products
- Work with leadership to develop a cohesive 3-year product roadmap of prioritized products, features, and enhancements
- Present regularly to the Product Steering Committee as well as the engineering team to ensure alignment across the organization
- 5+ years of product management experience working on technical products
- Experience owning and driving product strategy from ideation through product launch; writing requirements, defining features, and leading tradeoff discussions
- History of working with engineering managers on software development in a structured Agile environment
- Comfortable contributing to engineering discussions and technology decisions that relate to the product and its core features/functionality
- Qualified candidate must have the ability to obtain a security clearance. This requires U.S. Citizenship
Preferred / Additional Skills
- Engineering undergraduate degree, with minor or masters in business
- Experience working on products that have both software and hardware elements
- Experience working on products that rely on strong security and privacy guarantees
- Knowledge of the AR field with an interest in AR technologies
**Must be able to commute or Relo to Santa Monica office, 5 days a week in office requirment **