Our client is a leading global energy and commodities trading firm that specializes in physical and derivative trading, market-making, and risk management. They are actively involved in the battery storage sector, utilizing its expertise in the energy markets to develop innovative solutions for the integration of renewable energy sources into the grid. The company prides itself on its deep industry knowledge, advanced analytics, and cutting-edge technology platform. They are committed to sustainability and actively engages in ESG initiatives to promote responsible business practices. The firm offers a dynamic and collaborative work environment, with opportunities for professional growth and development.
- make trading/optimization decisions for the assets in day-ahead, real-time, and ancillary markets
- Communicate daily with asset owners to discuss market conditions, trading risks, and revenue optimization opportunities
- Build statistical models to forecast Day-Ahead, Real-time (DART) power prices by ISO-Analyze key market metrics including short-term market prices, supply & demand, and transmission constraints
- Understand price formation of all potential revenue streams and tariff rules and apply this to battery storage asset optimization,
- Monitor and override the algorithmic suggested bids as necessary
- Work closely with algorithmic/quantitative developers to incorporate and test key assumptions (market design, regulatory rules and compliance attributes, generation bidding behaviors, and risk limits/controls) for models/algos
- Analyze key financial performance indicators (KPIs) of the project and report to key stakeholders and asset owners
Nice to Have:
- Educational and professional requirements include a bachelor’s degree quantitative field (engineering, math, statistics, etc.)
- a minimum of 1+ years of prior experience in the power markets in a trading, asset management, price forecasting, transmission modeling, data science, and/or in a quantitative role at a utility, ISO, IPP, power trading firm, or market research firm
- experience in the market rules of one or more of the following regions (PJM, NYISO, ISO-NE, CaISO, ERCOT, or SPP)
- strong understanding of electricity market design, federal and state regulatory rules and issues, tariff structures, renewable energy, and renewable incentives
- experience in Excel and Python required for building forecasting models, prototypes and tools; and excellent communication skills.
- BESS experience is not required.