An analytics and engineering start up are looking for python developers experienced in data to join the team in New York or San Francisco.
Emerging from stealth with a $10 million investment led by Goldman Sachs, to manage what the company calls the “information supply chain” that’s beginning to get out of hand for most big institutions that live and die by data analysis.
They offer a managed service for data engineering. A team of skilled data engineers supports their clients by applying machine learning technologies to wrangle data at scale.
What you'll do:
- Contribute to the design and development of our Python data workflow management platform
- Design and develop tools to wrangle datasets of small and large volumes of data into cleaned, normalized, and enriched datasets
- Build and enhance the Data Engineering codebase for added efficiency and capacity
- Refine processes for normalization and performance-tuning analytics
- 5+ years of full-time software development experience in a professional, production environment
- Expert in OO Python
- Experience working independently, or with minimal guidance and strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Data skills: RDBMS SQL and NOSQL, structured and unstructured data, BigQuery
- Proficiency in Jupyter, C24; familiarity with ETL, CDC, and workflow tools
- Big data and cloud processing experience, e.g. HDFS, Spark
Salary up to 180k + equity