Our client, a fast-growing, VC backed wellness startup based in New York are seeking a Python Software Engineer to join their team to work on their core platform and some new greenfield projects.
realise what is best suited. You will be joining a team of experts who pride themselves on their work and the collaborative environment which they foster.
Their goal is to help people make choices about their health using transparent data which is typically very hard to sort through and realise what is best suited.
You will be joining a team of experts who pride themselves on their work and the collaborative environment which they foster.
- Writing high-quality software from inception to execution to deployment
- Join a fast-moving team of software writers to create relatively complex features
- Work in various levels of the web and mobile stacks from CSS to React, all the way down to the database and other infrastructure
- Iterate quickly by minimizing the scope of work and delivering with the most appropriate solution
- Scale our application to support rapidly growing demand and delivery platforms
- 3+ years working in Python/Django
- Experienced implementing OO principles
- Willing to work to change status quo when you think improvements are available
Nice to have:
- Solid understanding of API design principles and experiencing producing APIs for client-side consumers.
- DevOps experience, especially with Heroku, Gitlab, EC2, S3, Redshift, Segment, and Docker
- Functional programming experience
- Distributed team experience - we use Slack, Zoom, and Pivotal Tracker
- Flexible location with the understanding that there needs to be significant overlap in work hours
- Working for a business that cares as much about our employees as our members
- A data-centric view of the world where we understand that you can only change something that you are measuring
- Flexible vacation time