An award-winning artificial intelligence startup in Toronto is looking for a QA /Lead Manager to join the team.
The Company, are now post Series A, and have developed an artificial intelligence construction analytics platform. The software is powered by a proprietary machine vision neural network that can accurately recognize 100+ types of construction equipment and activities.
The role will be managing a team of 2, but from a hands-on and mentoring perspective. The Toronto office is 99% Engineering focused (the other office in San Francisco, is focused on Sales and Marketing).
The Role and your Responsibilities
- Own overall test automation strategy
- Build robust automated testing plans
- Collaborate with team leadership to improve overall product quality throughout the development process
- Continually improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the QA effort by assessing current quality assurance practices and incorporating new strategies
- Be internal advocate and spokesperson for all things QA.
- Defining and implementing critical knowledge transfer and communication processes with internal and external teams
Skills and Experience
- 5 years of software testing/QA experience with at least 2 years in a leadership role
- Experience with QA Automation tools, cucumber, selenium, Appium, webdriver,
- Experience leading and growing a QA function from early / mid stage
- Startup experience is favorable
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Work well in a team, collaborative environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree is favoured
- Very Competitive - based on experience, plus bonus and equity