One of the clients we're recruiting for has raised a $2.1M Pre-seed Fintech startup and is looking to continue building out its engineering team by hiring a Senior Backend Engineer. Here are some more details:
Our client is a Fintech startup that is building a modern retirement savings solution intentionally designed to help small businesses and entrepreneurs create financial security and generational wealth. When it comes to retirement savings plans, they provide a streamlined, affordable savings platform for you and your employees without hassle, unnecessary jargon or hidden charges. Their intuitive technology platform automates employee investing, streamlines costs and paperwork, and provides learning tools for employees!
- Build, deliver and deploy their mission-critical software which powers and safeguards the retirement savings of their customers.
- Own what you build end to end: You’ll participate daily in the technical design, implementation, and review of new features for their clients.
- Write reliable, maintainable, secure, and well-tested code.
- Work in a modern software stack (Python 3.10 with types) with best-in-class practices (unit tests, integration tests, monitoring) and continuous delivery.
- Partner with product, sales, and ops to develop automated solutions to automate their most critical flows.
- Influence the culture, practices, and values of their growing engineering team.
- 2+ years of experience building backend software at a tech company, financial institution, or startup.
- You have experience working with and integrating third-party API’s.
- You're self-motivated, autonomous, and driven. You'll happily collaborate with, mentor, and learn together from the other engineers on the team.
- You always strive to find simple solutions to complex problems and can contain yourself from over-engineering your solutions.
- You have an appreciation for automation and continuous integration delivery practices.
- Experience with Postgres, AWS, and SQL databases a plus
Salary range: $130-150k base + equity [depending on experience]