One of the clients we're recruiting for has raised a $26.8M Series A and is looking to continue building out its engineering team by hiring a Senior Backend Engineer. Here are some more details:
Our client is a cloud infrastructure company that has come up with the fastest way for developers to run applications in production. They provide a unified cloud solution so that developers aren't forced to choose between AWS or Heroku. They are rapidly increasing revenue, and are backed by the same early-stage investors behind Airbnb, Snap, and Stripe.
As their backend engineer, you will have the opportunity to take complete, end-to-end ownership of projects across the entire stack!
- You will enable their clusters to run on other clouds and eventually in their own data centers.
- You will create an effortless serverless abstraction on their platform and enable per-request billing for containerized resources.
- You will build a managed MySQL product for their users.
- You will use machine learning to optimize container scheduling and save resources while keeping user workloads responsive.
- Their product already works great with GitHub and GitLab repos. You will add Bitbucket integration.
- You will build out their CLI and make the user dashboard even better.
- You will create open-source projects and documentation in multiple languages and frameworks to demo their features.
- You have 4+ years of professional experience shipping software.
- You’ve excelled at a small, high-growth startup (preferred but not required)
- You have an intuitive understanding of web frameworks, APIs, and databases, and have worked with multiple programming languages.
- You can wear multiple hats and work across the stack, both collaboratively and independently.
- Tech Stack: React, GraphQL, Go, Kubernetes and PostgreSQL
Salary up to $150-180k base + equity [depending on experience]