You will be responsible for empowering teams to build highly reliable and performant services that support patients through their treatment. You will build and expand the services platform to make complex systems easy to use, resilient, and scalable.
Our tech stack: Google Cloud, Terraform, Typescript, React, GraphQL (Apollo), Node.js, App Engine, Kubernetes, Cloud Functions, Cloud Firestore, Big Query
What you will do:
- Proactively contribute to technical conversations and decision making.
- Work with engineers across the company to build new features at large-scale, while improving internal engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Anticipate and plan for the growth of Bicycle Health’s service platform infrastructure.
- Scope, design and implement platform solutions that make the appropriate tradeoffs between resiliency, durability, and performance.
- Develop tooling and automate processes to provide a resilient and flexible platform for other engineers.
- Help debug and solve critical infrastructure issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
- Mentor and grow the next generation of technical leaders at Bicycle Health.
- Collaborate with product managers, physicians, nurse practitioners, and other staff members to revolutionize patient care.
What you need:
- 5+ years of experience in service infrastructure, reliability engineering, software engineering, or systems engineering.
- Experience in distributed systems at scale with regards to testing, reliability, security, and observability.
- Understanding and practical experience in service infrastructure environments (e.g. gRPC, Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet, Terraform, GCP, etc.)
- Experience developing in Typescript and Node.js
- Experience with API and data persistence layer design and implementation
Qualities we're looking for:
- A passion for improving the healthcare experience and helping those suffering from opioid use disorder.
- A track record of strong ownership, initiative, tenacity, integrity, and humility.
- Ability to break big projects into small, testable pieces to consistently hit business-meaningful milestones.
- Placing a high value on collaboration, knowing that we can be better as a team than as individuals.
- Think critically about the implications of what you're building and how it shapes real people's lives.
What would set you apart:
- Healthcare industry experience.
- Experience building and scaling up multiple applications from the ground up.
- Experience with GraphQL, GCP including Cloud Firestore, React Native, Terraform, and HIPAA compliance
- Unique opportunity to innovate in building a new care model to deliver high-quality treatment for patients with opioid use disorder.
- Competitive compensation and benefits including discretionary paid time off, paid holidays, 401k.
- Equity incentive plan.
- 100% remote work environment with flexible hours. We will stay 100% remote after the pandemic.
- Ability to craft the team culture and create impact.
- Talented and engaging coworkers who are passionate about healthcare.
Location: Fully remote. Must work in US time zone work hours.