Hawthorne, CA, United States
- Design and development of RF Systems for spacecraft, launch vehicles, and ground stations.
- Development of link budgets for spacecraft TT&C, proximity links and re-radiation systems.
- Write or update acceptance and qualification test procedures for radio related space qualified avionics components.
- Debug and characterize RF components and subsystems used for spacecraft communications in L-band, S-band and Ku-band.
- Development of automated test equipment and procedures to allow production testing of RF avionics components and subsystems.
- Assist in bring up, integration and troubleshooting of communication systems. Work closely with system integration and flight software teams during hardware in the loop testing.
- Supporting RF system bring up and verification at launch sites.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an engineering discipline with emphasis in electromagnetic theory or RF communication system.
- Must have at least 3 years of professional experience in RF System engineering.
- Must have experience with RF impairments analysis and link budget analysis.
- Experience with Radio related test equipment such as spectrum analyzers and Network analyzers.
- Must be able to navigate the smith chart and experience with transmission line theory, impedance matching, filter theory and S-parameters.
- Must have experience with RF passive components such as Hybrid couplers, Wilkinson dividers, waveguide, circulators, directional couplers, and antennas.
- Experience with digital communication theory with emphasis on Bit Error Rate, EVM and System Noise Figure calculation.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in design of space communication systems and familiarity with space qualified RF electronic design.
- Previous experience with RF Design tools such ADS, AWR Microwave Office.
- Matlab, Python and/or LabVIEW programming experience.
- Familiarity with electromagnetic propagation and antenna systems.
- Familiarity with MIL-STD-461F, SMC-S-016, and NTIA standards.
- Experience characterizing radio performance in C-Band, X-Band and Ka-Band frequencies.
- Experience performing interference analysis and EMI/EMC evaluation for RF systems.
- Knowledge of digital communication systems, spread spectrum, and modulation types such as FSK, BPSK, QPSK, QAM, and PCM/FM.
- Excellent communication skills, documentation skills and proven track record of being a team player.