Level 1 Trauma Academic Medical Center | 500+ beds
Position: Staff Nurse
Schedule: Part Time, 32 Hours, Monday-Friday
Salary: $ 75,000 - 150,000 (DOE)
- The registered nurse adheres to the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing rules and regulations. is primarily responsible for professional performance and direct patient care. The role encompasses nursing assessment, diagnosis, planning, intervention, evaluation, and coordination of care for patients and their families across the healthcare continuum. The registered nurse is accountable for clinical, educational, quality, and fiscal patient care outcomes using the model of care designed by the nursing department and in accordance with established agency policies, procedures, protocols, guidelines, and standards of practice.
- Registered Nurse position in a busy outpatient gynecology procedure unit. Perioperative or procedural experience is required. Outpatient OB/GYN experience is preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school with an Associate’s degree or Baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN). BSN preferred. Candidates who do not have a BSN must enroll in a Baccalaureate program one year from the date of hire and must complete their BSN by the end of the semester in the four-year anniversary of employment.
- Level 1 Trauma Academic Medical Center, you will have the opportunity to work with a highly skilled team of healthcare professionals and be part of a supportive and collaborative work environment. You will have access to the latest technologies and equipment, and you will be able to grow and develop your skills and knowledge.
- "We are committed to providing quality, patient-centered care and to making a difference in the lives of our patients. Our goal is to make a lasting impact in the lives of the women we serve." - Chief Nursing Officer
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- Registration and current RN licensure in the state of MA in good standing are required.
- Requires current basic life support (BLS) certification, Advanced Cardiac Life support (ACLS) certification, and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Basic computer proficiency inclusive of the ability to access enters, and interpret computerized data/information.
- Effective interpersonal skills to facilitate communication with various members of the health care team, patients, and families.
- Relevant clinical experience and/or specialty, certification required for certain practice areas, e.g., enterstomal therapy, epidemiology, and peri-operative areas.
- Analytical ability to solve clinical nursing issues and conduct quality improvement research utilization projects.
- Ability to effectively delegate appropriate patient care activities.
- Physical ability to meet the core job responsibilities in accordance with practice setting demands for the patient populations regularly served.
- Ability to effectively manage stress due to critical issues related to patient care, changing organizational climate, and personnel issues.
Must have current (within last 2-3 years) experience:
- Family planning experience required
- ACLS and PALS certifications required
- Peri-operative and PACU experience required
- OBGYN experience required.
- Labor & Delivery experience preferred
- Antenatal Testing/NST/Fetal Monitoring experience/certification preferred
- Ambulatory/outpatient OB/GYN telephone triage experience preferred
- EPIC Documentation experience preferred.