Level 1 Trauma Academic Medical Center | 500+ beds
Position: Registered Nurse
Department: Operating Room
Schedule: 36hrs (various shifts available)
Salary: $75,000 - 160,000
The registered nurse adheres to the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing rules and regulations and is primarily responsible for professional performance and direct patient care. The role encompasses nursing assessment, diagnosis, planning, intervention, evaluation, and coordination of care for patients and their families across the healthcare continuum. The registered nurse is accountable for clinical, educational, quality, and fiscal patient care outcomes using the model of care designed by the nursing department and following established agency policies, procedures, protocols, guidelines, and standards of practice
The 17 Operating Rooms provide top-of-the-line services for inpatients and emergent surgical needs in a variety of surgical specialties. With their newly expanded ORs, they have the most advanced and up-to-date surgical equipment, including a hybrid room, a Da Vinci Robotics room, and newly renovated team spaces. Their ORs offer a fast-paced, high-skill, collaborative work environment where you will be able to work with highly trained teammates in all surgical service specialties.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, & REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- Graduate of a nursing degree program; BSN preferred.
- Licensed to practice professional nursing as a registered nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Requires current basic life support (BLS) certification.
- Requires Advanced Cardiac Life support (ACLS) certification.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Basic computer proficiency is inclusive of the ability to access, enter and interpret computerized data/information | EPIC EMR
- Effective interpersonal skills to facilitate communication with various health care team members, patients, and families.
- Organizational skills to set priorities and efficiently complete assigned work.
- Multilingual skills (beyond that of English) in languages appropriate to the patient populations served by the medical center preferred.
- Relevant clinical experience and/or specialty, certification required for certain practice areas, e.g., enters total therapy, epidemiology, peri-operative areas.
- Analytical ability to solve clinical nursing issues and conduct quality improvement research utilization projects.
- Ability to effectively delegate appropriate patient care activities.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills appropriate to the patient populations served.
- Physical ability to meet the core job responsibilities following practice setting demands for the patient populations regularly served.
- Ability to effectively manage stress due to critical issues related to patient care, changing organizational climate, and personnel issues.