Level 1 Trauma Academic Medical Center | 500+ beds
Position: Registered Nurse
Department: Med Surg
Schedule: 36hrs (Fulltime) | Overnight (7pm - 7am)
Salary: $67,800 - 125,000
- 46-bed surgical unit provides general post-operative care for colorectal, surgical oncology, gynecology, trauma and acute care surgery (TACS) patients, bariatric surgery, urology, plastics, transgender, transplant, and vascular surgery patients.
- The nursing staff on this unit are committed to professional growth through certifications and an active unit-based practice council that is focused on improving the environment for both the patients and the staff.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- Graduate of a nursing degree program; BSN preferred.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Current basic life support (BLS) certification.
- Some units may require Advanced Cardiac Life support (ACLS) certification.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- 1+ years of RN experience required.
- Basic computer proficiency is inclusive of the ability to access, enter and interpret computerized data/information. - EPIC Systems
- Effective interpersonal skills to facilitate communication with various healthcare team members, patients, and families.
- Organizational skills to set priorities and efficiently complete assigned work.
- Multilingual skills (beyond that of English) in languages appropriate to the patient populations served by the medical center preferred.
- Relevant clinical experience and/or specialty, certification required for certain practice areas, e.g., enters total therapy, epidemiology, peri-operative areas.
- Analytical ability to solve clinical nursing issues and conduct quality improvement research utilization projects.
- Physical ability to meet the core job responsibilities following practice setting demands for the patient populations regularly served.
- Ability to effectively manage stress due to critical issues related to patient care, changing organizational climate, and personnel issues.