Our client are looking for a back-end software engineer (Ruby on Rails) who is passionate about building disruptive products. This isn’t your typical development role with a layered, bureaucratic structure. We are agile, aggressive and there's nothing we enjoy more than testing crazy ideas (and hope they work). We are here to disrupt the $270 billion restaurant industry and you will be a key part of the journey.
You'll be working closely with our executive team, and will be a key architect in iterating one of the restaurant industry's most disruptive start-ups. As a leader of our product, we expect you to have relevant experience, but don’t care about the number of years (just what you’ve actually done/accomplished!) Apply now if you're hungry to jump into a startup that's making waves in the food space.
What You’ll Do
* Work as a member of our highly skilled and motivated software development team
* Implement new product features that have the potential to change the entire restaurant industry
* Work closely with the Product Management team to collaborate on the best implementation approach for specific features
* Maximize the user experience and company efficiency by means of thoughtful implementation of key product features
* Be a strong representative for collaboration in technical design
* Work with Product Management to evaluate and organize engineering priorities
• Strong Ruby on Rails experience- Circa 3 years plus
• With the desire and ability to be flexible in building different kinds of back-end systems and data structures within them to support disparate business priorities and product features
* With some working understanding or experience in interfacing with/supporting data science teams
* Who has experience with the systems involved in collaborative software development, particularly source control systems like Git
* Degree in CS or related
* Who thinks creatively when it comes to solving software engineering problems
* Who thinks food is more than just sustenance - being curious about our business, and demonstrating the ability/desire to think from the business perspective as a developer, is highly valued