Our client, a fast-growing, VC backed wellness startup based in New York is seeking a Ruby Software Engineer to join their team to work on their core platform and some new greenfield projects. Their goal is to help people make choices about their health using transparent data which is typically very hard to sort through and realise what is best suited.
You will be joining a team of experts who pride themselves on their work and the collaborative environment which they foster.
- Writing high-quality software from inception to execution to deployment
- Join a fast-moving team of software writers to create relatively complex features
- Work in various levels of the web and mobile stacks from CSS to React, all the way down to the database and other infrastructure
- Iterate quickly by minimizing the scope of work and delivering with the most appropriate solution
- Scale our application to support rapidly growing demand and delivery platforms
- Experienced at writing tests that prove the quality of your work and prevent us from releasing regressions
- 3+ years working in Ruby, Rails
- Experienced implementing OO principles
- Empathetic and respectful to others working with you
- Willing to work to change status quo when you think improvements are available
- Solid understanding of API design principles and experiencing producing APIs for client-side consumers.
- DevOps experience, especially with Heroku, Gitlab, EC2, S3, Redshift, Segment, and Docker
- Functional programming experience
- Distributed team experience - we use Slack, Zoom, and Pivotal Tracker
- You are a fan of Sandi Metz and her rules
- Flexible location with the understanding that there needs to be significant overlap in work hours
- Working for a business that cares as much about our employees as our members
- A data-centric view of the world where we understand that you can only change something that you are measuring
- Flexible vacation time