Sales Engineer – London Based
An exciting role has opened with a Gartner leader in Network Security and firewall management.
You will own the overall strategic technical relationship with the clients who are large enterprise accounts. These are typically organizations between 1000 and 5000+ employees, or specifically named large enterprise accounts. These can fall into various verticals, where an understanding of the market is crucial.
You will work with two senior account managers and have the support of subject matter experts in the form of Solution Architects. You will ensure the successful communication on both technical and commercial levels.
You will, on a regular basis deep dive into technical matters cloud transformation and the evolving threat landscape.
The Role and Responsibilities
- You will be involved in technical engagements from the pre-sales phase to the deployment phase, which includes:
- You will deliver pre-sales support across the company portfolio
- RFP and Bid management support
- Designing solutions and high-level architecture
- Providing consultative product and solution expertise
- Installing and configuring our solutions during a POV
- Identifying system integration requirements and working with partners to deliver solutions
- You will be working with company technical support personnel to ensure ongoing quality of the relationship
- Collaborating with product SME’s and product management teams to identify and realize technical improvements to the products
- Contribute to departmental best practices, strategies, methodologies, and documentation, for increased efficiencies
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years pre-sales experience and/or professional services experience required plus in Security (Malware detection, Intrusion Detection, Content Security and Endpoint)
- Firewall and IPS experience
- Understand Malware and the techniques and methods to counter/prevent attacks
- Strong IP networking solution knowledge and skill set (e.g. Cisco CCNA, CCNP or equivalent)
- Strong knowledge of virtualization technologies (VMware, vSphere) and of cloud platforms such as Azure and AWS.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise security technologies such as endpoint and server and a working knowledge of Network Security (e-mail and web security)
- Strategic thinker and cybersecurity expert and strong multi-tasking and problem resolution abilities
- Skilled at whiteboarding and presenting and ability to deploy and manage our solutions for a POV
- Ability to effectively and efficiently instruct and guide customers on-site, online, and via telephone
- Strong verbal and written communication, customer service, account management and negotiation skills, with the ability to interface with a diverse set of clients
- Presenting to a large group/audience at shows and other media type events
OTE up to 110 on 80/20 split.