Sales Engineers are essential to the sales process and play a key role in obtaining the technical win. By providing continual support to Field Sales, our Sales Engineers are crucial to building and maintaining relationships with prospects and partners. You will own all stages of the sales process, you will be called upon to share your technical expertise around security industry best practices and the mechanics of our product security platform.
What You’ll Do
As the Sales Engineer, you will contribute to our proven sales methodology and develop impactful best practices for all Sales Engineering activities. Applying your strong technical, sales, and business skills, you'll manage all aspects of the prospect evaluation process, and ensure a smooth and successful transition (externally and internally) from the sales process to service delivery.
- Deliver pre-sales support across the company's portfolio
- RFP and Bid management support
- Providing consultative product and solution expertise
- Installing and configuring our solutions during a POV
- Identifying system integration requirements and working with partners to deliver solutions
- Working with company technical support personnel to ensure ongoing quality of the relationship
- Collaborating with product SME’s and product management teams to identify and realize technical improvements to the products
- 5+ years pre-sales experience and/or professional services experience required
- 5+ years’ experience in Security (Malware detection, Intrusion Detection, Content Security and Endpoint)
- Must be able to provide software/network troubleshooting on complex technical issues
- Understand Malware and the techniques and methods to counter/prevent attacks
- Windows and Linux experience required
- Strong IP networking solution knowledge and skill set (e.g. Cisco CCNA, CCNP or equivalent)
- Strong knowledge of virtualization technologies (VMware, vSphere)
- Strong knowledge of cloud platforms such as Azure and AWS.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise security technologies such as endpoint and server
- - Firewall and IPS experience
- - Working knowledge of Network Security (e-mail and web security)