Sales Engineer | Analytics Start-up, ML, AI | Washington DC
You will be working for an exciting, start-up in the Washington DC area. Their mission is automation of analytics, leveraging powerful Machine Learning algorithms and AI, enabling users to gain hidden insights and find solutions within large datasets. With a Series A($10m) funding round secured the opportunity has arisen to join an entrepreneurial hungry and growing sales team.
Being a sales engineer will also offer the optional path to becoming a customer facing data scientist in 9-12 months.
- Interact with customers, gather requirements and deliver PoCs and technical proposals
- Act as client interface with regards to technical resource
- Deliver in-depth technical presentations and proposals
- Be mindful of the market and competitor solutions
- Collaborate with the data scientists to design and implement specific requirements
- Support the sales cycle and ensure the smooth delivery of projects with clear communication between engineers, scientists and the clients
- At least 3 years in a solution orientated environment as an engineer, technical presales or technical account management/sales for predictive analytics
- Degree in Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics preferred
- Experience with some Big Data technologies
- Bonus having experience with analytics/machine learning - Python, R, Spark, SQL
- Very strong communication and presentation skills