Job Description: Scrum Master Level 1
I am looking for a person who is passionate about accelerating organizational agility and the delivery of end user value by working together with co-agilists to transform the digital AdTech space. Being a coach or mentor in our setting requires a commitment to both personal and business agility.
You will report into our Head of Business Agility and support the teams with leadership growth, and delivery processes in support of the end to end flow of value across the entire organization. Assigned to the Backend Engneering Team.
As a Scrum Master, your day to day activities will include the following areas of focus -> What you’ll be doing
- Cultivate high-performing agile teams with the goal of supporting end-to-end organizational agile maturity
- Organize and facilitate Scrum team ceremonies: daily stand-up meetings, backlog refinement, sprint planning, retrospectives, and sprint reviews, in addition to product increment ceremonies such as (SAFe) PI Planning, and Inspect and Adapt Workshops
- Collaborate with other scrum masters and the Chief Scrum Master to continuously refine, and adjust the overall business agility strategy
- Assemble and review end of sprint metrics with teams, and senior leadership, extrapolating anti-patterns, highlighting areas of improvement and provide tactical strategies that guide the team towards iterative and relentless improvement
- Work with teams to help surface, identify and eliminate impediments that are beyond the team’s ability to remove directly
- Assist the team in establishing priorities and evaluating trade-off, helping the team to sequence activities that maximize business value
- Coordinate the execution of deliverables across multiple Scrum Teams with a focus on scaling Scrum to manage cross-team dependencies
- Surface and facilitate the negotiation of technical enablers, and new feature prioritization between product owners and lead engineers ensuring that architectural stability is evaluated alongside of customer functionality
- Coach and provide assistance to the product owner, ensuring that the product backlog is consistently well refined, organized and maintained
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving
Candidate Attributes: -> Who You Are
- Passionate about agile product development
- You excel at facilitating, coaching, and mentoring teams towards delivering high impact, high-quality software in a sustainable pace
- You have a deep understanding of communication, group dynamics and coaching, enabling teams to develop trust and safety
- You have the understanding and experience of a variety of Agile approaches, and thrive on Scrum, Kanban, Lean UX and agile product development practices
- You are confident at facilitating backlog refinement, coaching best practices such as story splitting, estimation, and capacity planning
- Your are able to see the trees for the forest, and demonstrate strategic and tactical patience
- You are looking for an environment of bi-directional collaborative learning with a commitment to agile maturity
- You love to support the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible and leading by example.
- 1-3 years of experience as a scrum master with a preference for 1 year of working within a high performing agile organization preferred
- Experience working within a scaled agile methodology such as SAFe, LeSS, or DaD
- Must have at least one of the following certifications: SSM, CSM, or PSM
- Experience working within an organization that is undergoing a coached agile transformation
The Business Agility Team of Scrum Masters, upholds a motto of, “We succeed as a team, or we fail as a team, either way we do it together!”. In keeping with that spirit, this role offers an opportunity of bi-directional learning, and growth. We’re not looking for that ‘perfect’ textbook scrum master, we’re looking for a diamond in the rough. If you’re someone that “gets” Agile and will grow into this role with the right mentorship and support, you should still apply for this role, even if your paper track record does not demonstrate all of the above attributes.
Here are just some of the many benefits of becoming an employee:
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance: Your health is number 1, so we offer 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance starting on day 1, with additional plan options available with minimal employee contribution.
- Commuter Benefits: Madhive offers Wageworks commuter benefits. Plus, we’re centrally located just a couple blocks from New York City’s Penn Station.
- Unlimited Vacation: We offer Unlimited PTO, plus additional paid company holidays.
- Parental Leave: We believe that family comes first, so we provide parental leave to all new parents.
- Food All Day: Fully stocked refrigerator, and lunch provided everyday!
- HQ Centrally located: Office is a stone’s throw from Penn Station & Hudson Yards in Chelsea | Open to 100% WFH/Remote