Our client develops and licenses its artificial intelligence construction analytics platform. The SaaS 3D computer vision platform enables developers, project managers, and general contractors to optimize labor, equipment, and materials.
They launched their first customer agreement in late 2017 and their sales pipeline is now growing faster than is manageable (they have grown 1100% in 10 months). Their priorities is to build a world class engineering and sales team. They have secured $8M in Series A funding (less than 15 months after raising their seed), for a total of $11.7M raised to date.
This is your chance to make your mark. While this role is for an individually contributing sales person, you will work closely with the entire e-staff and be able to contribute in many areas that go beyond sales. You will report to directly to the CRO who has deep experience and success in complex sales as well as in building go to market teams. This is a chance to join a high growth company early, and directly impact the long-term success of the organization.
- Executing sales cycles through the orchestration of internal and external resources.
- ICP and Target market is currently Project Managers and Executives, at larger General Contractors, Developers, and Owners in the construction industry. Think the ENR 400. A successful Account Executive will be able to:
- Represent the client in a highly professional manner;
- Operate relatively independently, but work with the CRO to manage territory to maximize revenue.
- Demonstrate excellent phone and in person presence;
- Simultaneously position our client and qualify opportunities, by presenting the platformi unique value proposition in a compelling manner, framed by a value-based selling approach that includes some business and return on investment analysis;
- While this is first a closing role, you will be required – certainly in the beginning – to prospect yourself and build your own pipeline. There is a SDR team in place to drive meetings, who you will work with.
- Demonstrate a natural curiosity and a desire to dig to understand the pain, and eventually the buying process, of the prospect;
- Exhibit ability to link customer pains/opportunities/needs to our clients benefits;
- Learn and understand how to sell AI software into the construction industry.
- Account Executives will build direct relationships with executives and Project Managers
- Record of Achievement and Experience:
- At least 5 years of above quota performance with a strong record of achievement in other experiences such as academics, accreditations, athletics, and non-sales job responsibilities. Examples of “extreme” performance like number one, salesman of the year, and other top performance achievements will be given heavy weighting.
- Prior startup experience is a big plus. If you don’t have it, be sure this is what you want, and you can excel in this kind of environment
- Experience and familiarity selling into the construction industry is a big plus but a candidate with the talent to excel is more important than specific domain experience.
- All successful candidates will be well versed in complex sales methodologies and be able to concurrently manage up to fifteen opportunities with 2-6 month sales cycles involving many parties