My client is a great company full of passionate, talented, and creative people. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
Your Day to Day:
• Design and code superior technical solutions.
• Easily recognizes system deficiencies and implements effective solutions.
• Create and execute project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
We are looking for software engineers who have:
• You must demonstrate expert knowledge in at least one Object Oriented programming language.
• You must have significant experience in Java or another JVM language
• You must be comfortable and confident working in a fast moving agile environment.
• Ability to guide and mentor other software engineers
• Proven track record in delivering products and solutions.
• Demonstrate high level of knowledge with objective and component technology and methodology
• Has proven track record of designing flexible robust shared components
• Mentor those with less experience through informal channels.
• Seek and participate in development opportunities above and beyond required training.
• Development and deployment of applications on GNU/Linux, BSD, Unix, etc. platforms.
Desirable knowledge skills and Experience:
• Demonstrable experience in developing restful/rest-like APIs.
• Familiarity with one or more of the following technologies would be highly beneficial. Python, Ruby, Rails, GO, Groovy, Gradle, Grails, Solr, Elasticsearch.
• An opportunity to learn a functional language such as Haskell, Scala, etc. or through the use of functional features
• An opportunity to learn machine learning and/or big data techniques for the analysis of large collections of human language texts.
• Experience of deploying applications in public cloud infrastructure such as that provided by Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, etc.
If interested please send your Cv in response.