One of the clients we're recruiting for has raised a $30M in Series A funding and is looking to continue building out its engineering and marketing team by hiring a Sr. API Engineer. Here are some more details:
My client is a growing API Fintech Startup. They are the next-generation market data provider with the radical idea that you should only pay for the data that you use. They are powering the world's largest finance and fintech institutions and lower the barrier of entry for small startups.
Since launching in 2019, they've raised over $27.8M in funding and have over 2,000 companies signed up pre-launch. Their team consists of former data users from firms like Two Sigma, Belvedere, Pico, Bloomberg, Pinterest, and Google. Due to continued growth and expansion they are looking to hire a Developer Advocate.
- Working with engineers and product team to develop web backend and APIs for our core products.
- Working with engineers and product team to ideate, design and implement product features and improvements.
- Maintaining existing web and data applications.
- Improving performance and developer experience of our web APIs.
- Improving engineering workflows, e.g. testing, release, deployment, QA, documentation.
- Required: Proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Python, C++, Rust.
- Required: 3+ years of work experience designing, implementing and/or integrating web APIs (REST, GraphQL, RPC, Postman).
- Prior work experience at a high growth tech startup or electronic trading firm.
- Experience with single page applications and modern web app architectures.
- Experienced containerized application deployment (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience with release engineering, CI/CD and zero downtime deployment practices (GitLab CI, TeamCity, Spinnaker).
- Experience with financial data (market data feeds, time series, security references, machine-readable news) or analytics.
- Experience with Python web frameworks (Django, Flask, FastAPI).
- Experience with database design and administration (MySQL, Redis, Clickhouse).
- Experience working within a Linux environment.
- Degree in computer science, applied mathematics, or a related field.
Salary range $150-250k + equity [depending on experience]