Intelletec has partnered with an ambitious startup building the future of television.
Headquartered in San Francisco, with additional offices in New York and Cambridge, MA. The leadership team includes one of the founders of Facebook as well as alums of Meraki and HBO & is backed by NEA and industry partners including HBO, Discovery, AMC, A&E, and Viacom.
As a backend engineer you will be responsible for:
- Brainstorming, designing, implementing, and rolling out the next generation to handle an order of magnitude more channels, users, and recordings.
- Developing our video pipeline: building a highly available transcoding, segmentation, and video hosting and storage system.
- Automating system configuration: since we’re a small team, constantly deploying both new hardware systems and code in cloud infrastructure, we have no choice but to heavily automate our infrastructure.
- Hacking on our monitoring and management system: we graph, track, and alert on all kinds of metrics up and down our stack, giving us important insight into performance trends and helping us catch issues before they impact our users.
- Finding cheaper, faster, better solutions: both in our cloud environment and our hardware-based systems, we’re always trying to reduce costs and improve our product.
They are language agnostic, but most of our server-side code is written in Golang, Node, and Ruby, with some C++ and Python. The centralized infrastructure is built out on Kubernetes, and we practice continuous deployment across all of our systems.
- Full health, dental and vision coverage for you and your family
- Flexible working hours
- Generous paid parental leave
- Unlimited paid time off for vacation and sick leave
- $2000 annual vacation bonus (we pay you to take a two week vacation)
- $5000 annually for professional development and educational assistance
- $500 “TV stipend” for new employees to upgrade their home watching setup
- Dog-friendly office
- And much more!
For more information, please contact email@example.com