We're working with an autonomous driving company that provides a comprehensive autonomous driving platform featuring computer vision, sensor fusion and control capabilities seeking a Senior Backend Engineer.
About The Role
As a Senior Backend Software Engineer in our DATA Engineering team you will be designing, building, and supporting data pipelines consuming data from multiple different source systems, and transforming it into valuable and insightful information. You will have the opportunity to contribute to end-to-end platform design for our cloud architecture and work multi-functionally with operations, data science, and the business segments to build batch and real-time data solutions. You will work on a tech stack that bridges onboard automotive code with highly parallel cloud processing in order to build reliable, efficient, and scalable data pipelines and intuitive tools that empower our autonomy engineers and are foundational to the advancement of our entire ADAS system.
About The Work
- Build, deploy and support batch & real-time, fault-tolerant, self-healing data pipelines.
- Provide centralized automotive data management, services, tools, and APIs for data-intensive autonomy and product applications.
- Manage end-to-end data generation & consumption from onboard system to offboard applications, and define best practices and metrics for data ingestion, ETL, and processing.
- Develop continuous testing and validation systems to ensure the robustness of our data and data architectures.
- Participate in technical decisions and collaborate with talented peers.
- Review code, implementations and give meaningful feedback that helps others build better solutions.
- Experience with large-scale data systems, pipelines, or data engineering.
- Strong proficiency in Python (preferred), Java, Golang, or similar languages.
- Ability to turn high-level requirements into a detailed, cohesive system design.
- Experience with SOA or microservice-based architectures and developing and deploying in a cloud-native environment preferably AWS cloud.
- Experience with containerized platforms (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience with utilizing open source data processing tools like Airflow, Kafka, Spark, and high-performance computing solutions in the cloud, as well as in-house solutions to provide end to end data loading, cleaning, and transforming capabilities.
- You have start-up DNA and are passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world.
- Skilled and creative team player able to work independently and continue to learn, build, and develop.
- Desire to constantly learn and apply new languages, frameworks, and tools.
- Desire to write clean code and implement best practices to increase performance and scalability.
- Excellent communication ability.
Education and Experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field of study, or equivalent experience or reference implementations.
- 4+ years experience in Data Engineering or back-end Software Engineering.
- Knowledge of MongoDB and ElasticsearchExperience working with large-scale distributed data systems.
- Experience with system & framework design.
- Experience with data workflow orchestration platforms.
- Experience building on AWS using EKS, S3, EC2, MKS/Kinesis, Lambda, DocumentDB, etc.
We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Office snacks & reimbursable meals*
- Paid Time Off