A small, but very ambitous television startup Company are looking for experienced engineers to continue the development of their platform.
The Company offer an entertainment-focused streaming service nationwide (US) created to build a better TV experience. The company started in the college market as a laboratory for creating a next-generation TV platform and has progressed to allow intelligent search, insightful discovery, and sharing.
They are HQ'd in SF, with a number of locations across the US. Leadership includes one of the founders of the most successful tech Company around, plus many from the entertainment industry.
- Brainstorming, designing, implementing, and rolling out the next generation of their system to handle an order of magnitude more channels, users, and recordings.
- Developing video pipeline: building a highly available transcoding, segmentation, and video hosting and storage system.
- Automating system configuration: since we’re a small team, constantly deploying both new hardware systems and code in cloud infrastructure, we have no choice but to heavily automate our infrastructure.
- Hacking on our monitoring and management system: we graph, track, and alert on all kinds of metrics up and down our stack, giving us important insight into performance trends and helping us catch issues before they impact our users.
- Finding cheaper, faster, better solutions: both in our cloud environment and our hardware-based systems, we’re always trying to reduce costs and improve our product.
Experience we are looking for
- Language relatively agnostic, Server side is Go, Node, Ruby (plus a little C++ and Python when needed)
- Infrastructure is Kubernetes, CI/CD across all platforms