A Series A NYC based startup, who have developed an online platform that enables its users to design digital picture frames utilizing AI are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer, working with Ruby on Rails.
The Company are post Series A ($15m in funding) and have experienced over 300% year on year growth. The product applies state-of-the-art computer vision and machine learning technology to thousands of photos every day to automatically sort and curate users' libraries.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop the backend system, which powers a network of thousands of picture frames
- Utilize machine learning and computer vision techniques applied to the photo database
- Identify and prioritize problems and opportunities in the tech stack
- Work across mobile and web application
- Build features in the internal API's
Skills and Experience
- 4+ years experience working with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with ActiveRecord and ActionController
- Experience with AWS, including EC2, S3
- Experience with Python too would be ideal
- Machine Learning frameworks i.e. Caffe
- Experience with Computer vision, OpenCV