Our exciting series C client in NYC created a subscription-based e-commerce platform for dog owners. Now, dog owners have the entirety of their dog’s nutrition completely taken care of with maximum peace of mind. With this business model and consistently triple digit growth, healthy financials allow this company to continue to disrupt pet nutrition and care for years to come.
Backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier, The Farmer’s Dog has raised over $100M in funding and seeks to build a company as healthy as the dogs they feed. #LongLiveDogs
Where You'll Come In
The Farmer’s Dog is looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer to join our Engineering Team. As an engineer at TFD, you will be responsible for building and supporting the subscription-based e-commerce business we’ve developed from the ground up. Our primary objective is to offer a detailed, subscription experience for our customers. You’ll work closely with other specialists as well as our Operations, Customer Experience (CX), Data and Growth functions to develop software to power excellent customer experiences, our fulfillment pipeline and subscription management features.
Our architecture is powered by Node.JS and hosted on AWS. We support a number of web applications and services, including:
- A consumer facing website that houses content pages, our checkout flow and our end-user subscription management portal.
- A back-office “Canine Relations Management” (CRM) tool that our fulfillment and customer service teams use for every day operations.
- Our API backend that houses our main business logic, integrates with external service providers and powers our front end applications.
- Multiple worker jobs that power our asynchronous billing, shipping and fulfillment infrastructure.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Work toward your team’s mission on one of our dedicated engineering functions
- Architect scalable solutions to support our rapid growth
- Research and integrate with 3rd party systems for billing, shipping and fulfillment
- Support automated order scheduling to maintain meal continuity for pets across the country
- Develop solutions for sophisticated problems like box packing and smart order scheduling
- Minimize customer support tickets by adding features to our customer portal
- Collaborate closely with our Operations, Data, CX, and Growth teams to develop solutions to improve customer experience and scale the impact of other team members
- Design data structures and GraphQL schemas to support new features
- Add new product lines and services
- Build services and GraphQL applications with Node.JS and TypeScript
- Write tests with Jest and TestCafe
- Grow your peers by bringing your own outstanding experience and talents to share with the team
We're Excited About You Because
- You have a minimum of 7 years of hands-on Software Engineering experience and have recently worked as a Backend Software Engineer or Full Stack Software Engineer with backend focused work
- You have led projects, made architectural decisions, introduced innovative ways, and mentored junior engineers
- You feel confident working with Node.JS, relational databases, and 3rd party SaaS providers
- You like learning about and sharing new frameworks, tools and services
- You take pride in writing software the right way. That means peer reviews, ample time to refactor code, and write tests
- You’re good at seeing the big picture and can make day to day decisions in service of our larger mission
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO and (when in office) WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in person-meetings) is now a feature, not a bug